Thursday, January 25, 2007

Oh Happy Day!


To most of you, this might seem like a stupid thing, but I, for one, am riduculously overjoyed about it. Today I tried on my old jeans and they still fit! I have these favorite pair of jeans by Mon Petit Oiseau - and a few weeks ago, I tried them on and was devastated to find out that I couldn't get in them. I felt really fat and sad. (Only women will understand this part. So guys, just ignore this.) And most of all, I felt really helpless, since I have to be careful about losing weight since I am breastfeeding, and well, the baby needs all that he can get. Phong even bought me an industrial Costco-size box of granola bars to make sure I get enough calories in. It takes a lot to make milk - I really feel like one of those Kobe Beef cows, who get massages (to get better marbling) and even get fed beer to heighten the quality of the meat. Or the Hershey's cows, who I heard get fed chocolate, and the Herr's cows, who get fed potato chips. (It's all in this article -http://www.fass.org/fasstrack/news_item.asp?news_id=988) Anyhoo, after reading an e-mail from my friend Monica, who bought some nice Rock and Republic Victoria Beckham Crown jeans that only she, the slimmest of the slim, can fit into, I decided to try on my jeans, thinking that I could at least figure out now how much weight I have to lose. But to my chagrin, I guess I actually lost weight without even knowing. Hurrah!

Here's the site for MPO:
www.monpetitoiseau.com

No comments: