Friday, January 12, 2007

Elizabethtown


This morning I decided to watch Elizabethtown, courtesy of my local library's extensive DVD section. (Thank you, Arlington County taxpayers.) Anyway, I had high hopes for it, seeing that it was a Cameron Crowe film and how much I loved Jerry Maguire, but, alas, I was disappointed. I almost fell asleep watching it. Caleb, who was sleeping on my tummy, beat me to it. Maybe I just did not get it. Maybe I did not see the chemistry between Orlando Bloom and Kirsten Dunst. Maybe I don't think Orlando Bloom is so hot without his Legolas ears. Who knows. There are a couple of things about this movie that really bug me though:

1. How can you lose a billion dollars on shoes, and how can a 28-year old be entirely responsible for the demise of a whole company?

2. How can Jessica Biel not look so hot in a movie? What is up with her hair color?

3. How can Kirsten Dunst's character put together a detailed scrapbook roadmap, complete with a soundtrack, when she was supposed to be romancing Legolas-without-the-ears the last few days? Where did she find the time?

4. Orlando Bloom reminds me of McDreamy from Grey's Anatomy (Patrick Dempsey). Maybe it's the hair. (On a side note, I prefer McSteamy over McDreamy. But why is that guy married to Rebecca Gayheart?)


If there is anything I liked about the movie, it's probably the soundtrack. And also the idea of taking a roadtrip and having a detailed itinerary and soundtrack to go with it. Ooh, money-making idea #5....Pop-Up Fodors/Lonely Planet RoadTrips with Music?

No comments: